Mar 17, 2008

Tropical big green leave cutter caterpillar

Tropical big green leave cutter caterpillar. I'm not sure which end of the caterpillar is the head or the tail. The end with the spike or horn might be the head and the spots at the tail is the fake eyes to trick predator.


Uncropped green fat caterpillar


Uncropped green fat caterpillar

After the photo of the caterpillar was taken, the caterpillar was unceremoniously cut into two by my mum because it was destroying her crop (yam ~ dioscorea).

For hi-resolution, check out my Flickr Gallery: Caterpillar

3 comments:

twinkle teaches March 19, 2008 at 3:41 AM  

Beautiful picture. Wonderful blog!!
tina :)

zzkang March 21, 2008 at 7:45 PM  

wow...its really really BIG...
you have nice photoblog there... :)

Baguio Lover June 27, 2009 at 2:30 PM  

What a nice photo! Amazing caterpillar, I found one of the same species in my yard too. I was wondering can anyone identify it . I have been itching to know what species it is.

  © Blogger template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP